Outside/rs 2022 Call for Papers
Abstracts by 9 January 2022
Conference on 1 and 2 April 2022 at University of Brighton, UK and online
Outside/rs 2022 is a conference for postgraduate researchers, early career researchers and community parties, that provides a space to explore topics of sex, gender and queerness at the margins. The conference will be a hybrid of in-person, at the University of Brighton, and online sessions.
Example topics of submissions could include:
- Social marginalisation, disruptive gender identities and dissident sexual cultures
- Creating safe-spaces and navigating unsafe ones in terms of gender, sex or queerness
- LGBTQIA+ and Queer political movements or history
- Gender, family and kinship issues or politics
- Queer arts, literatures, aesthetics and/or performance
- New technologies for LGBTQ people: reproductive, non-reproductive and more
- Queer subjectivities, intersubjectivities and phenomenologies
- Outsides: nomadism, liminality and mobilities
We invite submissions in the form of:
- Abstracts for complete papers (300 words)
- Abstracts for panels (panels consist of 3 papers: include 300 words for each abstract and a cover letter)
- Workshop proposals (400 words describing the topics, structure and aims of the workshop)
Abstracts and proposals should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 January 2022. See the conference website for more details: https://outsiders2022.wordpress.com/academic-submissions.
For all enquiries or to join our mailing list for the conference, please email: email@example.com.